Well, in my big spree of boredom here in Trujillo, I've come to realize that blogging offers some worthy distraction of my time.
Here's some random highlights to my day:
- bought a nice juicy mango last night at the market, when I was about to take it out of the clear plastic bag this morning for breakfast, I saw about 5 maggots squirming around all covered in fresh mango juice
- walked around and took some photos in the city today
- sat in the central plaza, where a middle class man was napping in the grass. We all got kicked off the grass by the police and the man woke up with a white flower petal mistakenly yet perfectly placed behind his ear, like a Hawaiin princess
- trimmed my nose hairs
- skyped and chatted with a handful of folks back in Canada. Holla!!
- had a bit of a boredom insanity breakdown while messaging Leticia without her even being on the other end
- tried out my new styling hair putty, only to end in disappointment
- spoke to my new Italian dorm mate, tried to see if he'd wanna eat dinner with me, but got rejected cause he has no Peruvian cash. I gave him 4 crackers as my good deed for today :-)
- had a hairless dog stare at me in my dorm for about 3 minutes in silence
- finally decided to go to the pharmacy to buy some pills for my swollen throat
Tomorrow... to the beach I go! (I hope).
Hmmm... now what shall I do?
I believe one of the main goals in life is to never get stuck in "The Waiting Place". If you succeed, you'll win 1000 mega points!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Letters to my Mom - Part 1
Hi Mom, I'm here in Playa del Carmen, Mexico while Carlos and Isaac are in the Philippines. They visited Tita Girlie and everyone else...
-
"Pardon me?" Dean : For what name please? Caller: Ummm... yes, I'd like Michael Jackson's phone number please? Dean : Ok, ...
-
Wednesday: Linguistics test on Morphology: 15% English group presentation comparing "O" to "Othello": 15% (Group rhymes ...
-
Painful Pedicure So I got the pedicure I had intended on the other day. It was my first ever professional pedicure, other than the one that...

No comments:
Post a Comment