My last hostel, by the way, was called "Estrella Sin Fronteras" translated to Star Without Borders. Or, as I'd like to think of it, Estrella without borders. It's a nice way to think of myself. A global citizen... no borders... no limits...
Anyway, today, I wake up in another big city, surrounded by lots of other backpackers, many of whom are hungover from their wild Saturday night. Myself, I'm tranquilo. I don't feel like talking to anyone really, I don't have the energy to socialize and make new friends. I kinda wanna explore the city, but I'm lazy to get up and go by myself, to navigate these new surroundings, speak a foreign language, take the public transport, walk around all day, get lost, get found.
The Swiss couple (Daniel n Sonia) are probably not going anywhere today. Hanging out with couples can also be awkward, feeling a third wheel at times. So either I go alone or make new friends. Or, I can just be a bum at the hostel.
No comments:
Post a Comment