Earlier this evening, as my two travel buddies and I arrived at out hostel after a 7 hour bus ride, we were greeted by our dorm mate with a fresh cup of tea, and a small tour of this expansive cosmopolitan city in his SUV, which ended in a quaint and authentic Italian Pizzaria, followed by a trip to a gelato shop, all accompanied by intellectual, spiritual conversation about life and humanity. My ideal evening.
It finally ended with a skype chat with my dear ol friend Mike, who is subjected to listening to my thoughts, as I write them here.
Is this real? Am I truly traveling and seeing this wonderful world? How am I so lucky? Why doesn't everyone do this? I wish I could transport my family and friends to come and join me, take them away from the daily grind, if they so choose.
This is a reality. This can be done. I understand that I am privileged to some extent, but there are thousands and thousands of other backpackers around the world doing the exact same thing.
I am grateful.
No comments:
Post a Comment