Since the town will be filled with outside visitors from around the country, along with drums, bells, vendors, colorful fabrics, shouts and screams, and a large array of other things I am guessing, my one on one Spanish class is going on a field trip!
Sylvio, my teacher is taking me to Rivas, a much larger town about 30 minutes away, where we will grab lunch, shop, etc. as a way for me to practice my Spanish. As well, Sylvio own roosters that he trains for cock fights. So, today he will be taking me to one of his "galleras", where he will be competing! I think I'll be the only gringo there, but in good hands. He told me not to wear my usual tank top, shorts, and flip flops. I gotta fit in. His face when I asked him if I could wear my regular clothes was a very polite, squirmish... "um.... sure". Haha, ok, ok, I'll wear shoes and an actual t-shirt!
Happy Independence Day!
No comments:
Post a Comment