This past Sunday I walked for the cure! More specifically breast cancer, this is now the second time this year that I've contributed to helping breast cancer (I volunteered for 'The weekend to end breast cancer' a while back). I don't really have any personal reasons for breast cancer specifically, other than the fact that Jeremy's mother passed away from it when he was a young boy. To be honest, this walk on Sunday I only joined because my friend was doing it with her co-workers and it was free for me to register. I didn't even run, I only walked 1 kilometer instead of running 5km, how shameful of me :-(
Coincidently as I walked with my "I'm running for..." pinned to my back that said Tita Connie (Jeremy's Mom) and Tita Noy, my dear aunt who has bone cancer and osteoporis laid in pain and agony in Maryland, USA. It was probably right around the exact same time while I was walking, she was waking up and trying to get out of bed in a hurry to go to Sunday morning mass and fell and broke both her hips. Obviously her bones are already quite weak and susceptible to injury, but hasn't she suffered enough?
Well, thankfully since then, she's already gone through surgery and has gotten her bones fused together and pulled through. She's going to be released from the hospital soon and will have to go through rehabilitation. I hope that she'll be okay.
For those of you out there that believe in God, please say a prayer for my Mom's sister. A lady I love dearly.
1 comment:
I'm so proud of you guys for doing that!!
Post a Comment