Monday, June 06, 2005

The Prank

1670197PL065_jackson
"Pardon me?"



Dean: For what name please?

Caller: Ummm... yes, I'd like Michael Jackson's phone number please?

Dean: Ok, do you mean The Michael Jackson?

Caller: Yes, I'd really like to speak to him right now, I feel so sorry for him.

Dean: Ok, I'm checking for you, however most celebrities aren't listed.

Caller: Oh really, but its so important that I talk to Michael Jackson.

Dean: Sorry, there's no listing for Michael Jackson. Did you want me to search for a fan club number or something?

Caller: No that's ok, can you just give me the number to a gay bar instead?

Dean: Ok sure, but I don't have a subject search, I can only search by name or title, do you a specific bar in mind?

Caller: No.... that's fine, I'll just go mastubate! Click.


Pathetic
I was listening to Jack FM today as they attempted to make some really bad 'Wacko Jacko' jokes. Not even funny. Leave the guy alone! Even if he is guilty, that's his own sins that he'll have to deal with himself. Let the first person to throw stones be the one who has never bopped their head, or tapped their feet to one of the "King of Pop's" hit songs.

10 comments:

bubba said...

re: prank.

get out... what punks... i use to get what i thought were prank calls at chapters but they were all, sadly, serious.

you should of told the caller "yes, i have the number right here. it's 1-800-f#$k-off. cya l8da." ha!

re: pathetic.

he's guilty but will be found not to be.

Kyle said...

He'll be found not guilty for sure.

As for whether he's actually guilty or not... I think he probably is.

The "prank" you just listed off is exactly why I don't listen to the radio anymore. Especially morning shows. Blech.

Except Fan 960. I could listen to that station all day long. Actually, I usually do.

bubba said...

kyle,

after re-thinking, it doesn't matter whether he's actually guilty or not guilty. he will walk out of the court room a free man.

i agree with you on morning radio shows. the banter amongst multiple dj/hosts makes me queasy at best. fan 960 is ok i guess. jim rome is kind of nauseating. the cadence of his delivery is less than desirable. the content is too american. i miss most of the stuff he talks about. however, i like joe sports though.

dean said...

I've never listened to Fan 960, what's the frequency?

I'm stuck listening to the radio ALL day at my work, I wish I had a CD player here!

I'm so bored of listening to the same track and the same jokes day in and day out. I try to switch the station every few hours.

bubba said...

dean,

cbc used to be good until most of their hosts started dying off. maybe cbc fm... good classical stuff.

other than that get an ipod (or other similar device) then download your entire cd collection...

bubba said...

i forgot. what am i thinking... there's always ckua which is always great. maybe cjsw? don't listen to it much. hit and miss for my taste.

dean said...

But what's the frequency for this FAN 960?

I'm assuming its FM 96.0, but that's lite 96.

bubba said...

you won't believe this, but fan 960 can be found on the 960 AM frequency. check it out!

parabolicant said...

I prefer bb.co.uk/radio1

They play all the new stuff, and loads of music that never hits the North American Shores. Plus their morning shows are actually witty and high brow. Not at all like the time Jerry (F**K Nuts) Forbes gave a prize of a rubber chicken to a 13 year old girl so that she could (and I quote) "go home and choke her chicken."

What a twit.

dean said...

Kyle: I'm not that into rock. Mostly Soul, Jazz, R&B, and some electronic stuff. I don't mind it, I'll listen to it, but just not my first choice.

Mike: Did you get my email? I saw your latest pictures in Flickr and was hoping you're in Calgary. I don't think so though.

Letters to my Mom - Part 1

 Hi Mom,  I'm here in Playa del Carmen, Mexico while Carlos and Isaac are in the Philippines. They visited Tita Girlie and everyone else...