So I work on the 33rd floor of the Banker's Hall building and my elevator goes from floors 21-37. I hate that journey to the 33rd floor when the car is full, stopping at almost every floor as my stomach goes up and down up and down. What a way to make you puke in the morning. I also hate it when there's that awkwardness of not knowing what to do or how to behave in there. I see a co-worker in that far corner behind 10 other people, should I say hi or pretend I don't see her?
Once I get out of the elevator I have to swipe my 'cardkey' past that magnetic device in order to let me in. I hate it when there's other people there that are suspicious of me if they're ahead and don't hold the door open because I might not be personnel, just some thief off the street.
So I finally get in, I go to my very own office. Wow, never had my very own office before, it even has my name on the door! So now I can sit here for the next 8 hours and not talk to anyone, who wants to talk to 'the temp' anyway? He's only here for a month or so. He's not on salary, he can't join us for our extended lunches, so why invite him?
That's okay, I'm trying to save money anyway, I'll just sit in my office and eat my packed lunch of last night's leftovers and browse the internet. I didn't wanna see what it looks like outside of my office anyway. Nor did I wanna go on the lift during the lunch time peak!
I believe one of the main goals in life is to never get stuck in "The Waiting Place". If you succeed, you'll win 1000 mega points!
Thursday, April 28, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Letters to my Mom - Part 1
Hi Mom, I'm here in Playa del Carmen, Mexico while Carlos and Isaac are in the Philippines. They visited Tita Girlie and everyone else...
-
"Pardon me?" Dean : For what name please? Caller: Ummm... yes, I'd like Michael Jackson's phone number please? Dean : Ok, ...
-
Wednesday: Linguistics test on Morphology: 15% English group presentation comparing "O" to "Othello": 15% (Group rhymes ...
-
Painful Pedicure So I got the pedicure I had intended on the other day. It was my first ever professional pedicure, other than the one that...
4 comments:
your new job sounds so inspiring. good thing it's temporary. always thought working in banker's hall would be "hot". you should start encasing your colleagues' office supplies in jello...
I'm with Al. That would be a superb move.
What do they have you doing? Be thankful at least that you've got an office and not some cubicle or something.
I used to work in Bow Valley Sq. on the 30th floor and I know what those elevator rides can be like. Yech.
I'm on the 3oth floor of the Petro-Canada Centre. On the 20-56th floor is Bell, people are so lazy that they refuse to walk up 1-3 flights of stairs thus forcing me to stop on EVERY FLOOR. It drives me crazy.
Also you have your very own office with a door and walls? In Bankers Hall? WOW
i hate it when i step in an elevator, all the floors are lit up on the button panel, and there's no one in sight...ugh.
Post a Comment